What We Did

The project was divided into 3 phases:

Phase 1: Opportunity areas

discovery

We started by looking at how people use sanitary ware in their homes and public places. We visited their homes observing what kind of sanitary ware they use, how they doing it and what was missing from current solution that have not yet fulfilled their needs. We also visited sanitary ware facilities in public places such as shopping centers, hotels, to observe how currently the sanitary ware serve the mass / general public needs of sanitary facilities.

Then we gathered all of those information and identify the pain points in using current sanitary ware solutions as well as spotting untapped opportunity areas that can be explored for developing new innovative sanitary ware.

Phase 2: Concept prioritization

concept

Our client then brought these insights of untapped opportunity areas into product concepts. These concepts then were shown to a number of experts from interior design to architecture to gain their feedback. After that we helped our client to prioritize which concepts have the most potentials for the business by looking at business viability and considering the feedbacks from the experts.

Phase 3: Product definition

proto

The prioritized concepts then being developed into a real-size prototype using simple materials such as card boxes. These prototypes were shown and tested to a number of home owner and business users to gain their usability feedback. We use these findings from the tests to help our client to define the specific physical requirements of the products such as the size and dimension and what features that are essentials to have in the products to suit the user’s needs.